Wednesday, February 4, 2009

One

On February 4th, 2008 at 6:04pm, my sweet Carter John Langford was born. It was a day that will forever be imprinted on my mind and in my heart. On this day, I'll never forget the exciting anticipation, the intense pain, and the profound love that filled every fiber of my body. I'll never forget the gruffy "boy" cry that I heard when Carter was delivered. I'll never forget the feeling of holding Carter in my arms for the first time, or the precious look on JJ's face as he stared into the alert eyes of his baby boy. I'll never forget the pride we felt when we presented Carter to our parents and shared his name for the first time. I'll never forget the overwhelming feeling of responsibility and the obsessive desire to keep Carter's fragile young body safe. No, I'll never forget this day because it is a day that changed my life forever.







Here I am with a smile on my face, so ready to meet my sweet boy. (This is several hours before the pain began.) Check out my very round belly.





Here's a fun picture of Carter's stats.









Holding my sweet boy. I've been kissing his little head ever since the day he was born.






This is my favorite picture of JJ. I took it about 30 minutes after Carter was born. You can see JJ's emotions as a new father on his face. A priceless picture.



Happy Birthday My Sweet Carter. What a blessing you are.




























5 comments:

April said...

How precious!!! Happy Birthday, Carter! I love all the baby pics.

Marie said...

HAPPY BIRTHDAY little man!

Holly Aytes said...

I can't believe he is a year old! He was such a beautiful baby (and he has become such a handsome little boy). You looked so great while pregnant :)

Sara said...

Happy 1st Birthday, Carter! It is so hard to believe a year has already gone by!!

Cindy said...

Carter is definitely a blessing to everyone who meets him...but most especially to you two! Congratulations on his first birthday! I remember being very sentimental when Will was approaching one...and then again when it was Sam's turn. I think I'll try to recapture some of that as Will's 6th rolls around next week! Thanks for the reminder!