Saturday, October 4, 2008

8 months











Carter turned 8 months old today. It seems like the past week has been filled with new and exciting developments.

1. He's constantly on the move. Carter is crawling, but usually in the opposite direction than he wants to go. I guess he's mastered the backward crawl.



2. He's pulling up on furniture, so his crib is now lowered.



3. Carter now sleeps swaddle-free. (Yes, it took 8 months before he was ready to let go of the swaddle.)



4. He's learned how to sit up totally on his own.



5. The boy can put down some food. He LOVES to eat.



6. He's smiley almost all of the time.



7. He gives us spontaneous kisses.



8. He's beginning to understand what "no" means.
We're really enjoying this phase with Carter, knowing that as he becomes more mobile and independent there will be new challenges ahead.











4 comments:

Cindy said...

Carter is such a joy! He is really one of the cutest babies ever...I mean it! I love the picture of him in the bucket hat. It is so fun to see the almost daily changes at this stage, isn't it? My boys both crawled backwards first, too. Funny, but I think it's pretty typical. Glad you're posting again!

Sara said...

I've been wondering what has been going on with you lately!!! I can't believe Carter in on the move already!! I definitely think Grant will be a late crawler. He doesn't really even like to be on his tummy all that much!!

Carter is precious...loving his little baby fat!!

Allison said...

Love the pics!! He looks precious. See yall tomorrow!

April said...

Too cute! I'm glad to see a new post on here. :)

We really enjoyed you guys last night. I loved the way Carter just liked hanging out by me. :) He is a sweetie.