Monday, October 20, 2008

On the Move

I can't get over how my little guy has dramatically changed in the past two weeks. Just two short weeks ago, Carter was perfectly content to stay in one spot on the carpet, playing with his toys. Now I find myself chasing him everywhere. It seems that he has all of a sudden discovered that there is so much more out there to explore. I'm excited to see him on the move, yet thoroughly exhausted by the constant activity. Not only does he want to crawl everywhere (and he's getting faster at it every day), he wants to pull up on everything. With crawling comes the constant bumps on the head. He's currently sporting a pretty good shiner from bonking his head on the hard wood floor, then again on the coffee table. Let the baby proofing begin.....or should I have already done that?

3 comments:

April said...

LOL! It does seem to happen overnight, doesn't it?! And your world is changed forever....

Sorry you're so tired, though. It does take a lot of energy to keep a mobile infant safe. And the funny part? Try though you might, some things will happen anyway. Josiah was constantly bruised for months at a time with his newfound mobility...and I really was trying to keep him safe, too! Ha.

Have fun baby proofing. I remember thinking I had followed Mackenzie around and baby proofed thoroughly...then she would grow taller or show interest in something new, and I'd realize I had to babyproof all over again for each phase. It is fun to watch them grow and learn!

Sara said...

Mobility definitely changes everything!! Grant is gonna be slow to being mobile..alteast so far that is what I am thinking.

Baby gates worked great for us to keep a certain area of the house contained for moving around. We have like three!!

April said...

BTW, I love the new look of your blog! I love your new profile pic, too. :)