Friday, June 6, 2008

Lovin' Summer

Here's 10 good reasons why I love the summer season in TN.

1. Longer Daylight
2. The sweet smell of honeysuckle
3. Flip Flops
4. Reading a good book on the screened-in porch with a tall glass of ice tea
5. Fresh summer veggies
6. Trips to the mountains
7. Soaking in the sun by the pool
8. The care-free feeling that always accompanies this time of year
9. Grilling out
10. Enjoying the cool of the evening after a really hot day.

What do you enjoy about the summer season?

7 comments:

Sara said...

I love to go swimming and reading a good book on the beach.

Stevenbspeaks said...

I love visiting my children without wearing a coat.

Cindy said...

The smell of honeysuckle...mmm. I'm tempted to plant some in my yard...but it can really take over!

I enjoyed your list. See you at school on Wednesday!

Melanie said...

I love NOT working! That is an obvious one. I also love the smell of honeysuckles and seeing fireflies. They remind me of being a kid!

Ginger said...

Going to the beach!
And fresh watermelon and tomatoes- yum!

April said...

I'm right with you on the honeysuckle and flip flops! Another thing I like is all the extra daylight. I love sunshine! I just love the summer time.

Jackie said...

What about the humidity? Don't you love the humidity?