Monday, June 30, 2008

Morning Playtime With Carter

Is every mom as fascinated by their kids as I am by my son? He amazes me everyday with his smiles, giggles, and keen interest in simple objects that he notices for the first time. I am absolutely loving every moment. I captured a few moments of Carter's morning playtime to share with friends and family who don't get the opportunity to see him all that often. I'll try to add new video clips from time to time as Carter continues to grow and change.

Here you will see Carter hanging out in his highchair. We started placing him in it during meal times to get him used to it. Right now it's a great place for him to play while I eat breakfast and grab a cup of coffee. He enjoys sitting with me at the table and it makes for a fun interactive time together. You'll get a glimpse of his precious smiles and new babbling sounds. His newest sound is the "th, th, th" sound.

(Disclaimer to my friends from up north: My southern accent has become very thick in the two years that I've returned to TN. It's true that I am indeed a southern girl at heart.)

After making several failed attempts to post the video directly into my blog using the blogger video upload, I posted it on youtube with the link. If there's any special trick to posting a video using blogger that you'd like to share, please do. I'd love it to be a bit easier.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=lmGMgLrDEkM

I have snuck onto my wives account and fixed her video issue. You should find the video below...JJ


5 comments:

Allison said...

Loved the video of precious Carter. We just started putting Sydney in her high chair too..they look so tiny in them:) We'd love to see you all sometime soon!

Cindy said...

Oh, Sara, I really enjoyed watching that video of Carter. He is just the cutest thing!!! He's really trying to tell you so much, isn't he?

I appreciated that glance back into babyhood, too. I still am amazed at the new things my boys do, though they're not quite as obvious as those early baby milestones. Like today, Will wrote out a list of what we were having for dinner and what we planned to do afterward. His invented spellings were good enough that Michael could actually read it when he got home! And Sam is starting to dribble a basketball...yes, dribble it on purspose! It's fun to see them learn new things all the time. I know you're loving being a mom, and Carter is one blessed boy!!

Sara said...

He looks like a little peanut in the big highchair! Cute! Love the sound of Mick drinking water in the background.

April said...

I loved listening to Carter "talk" and seeing that huge smile just light up his whole face! I also enjoyed watching him just taking it all in...he did not miss even the slightest little noise! Very alert and attentive. Too cute.

Unknown said...

I could watch this for an hour! I love him and I love you too!

Dad