Friday, June 27, 2008

The New Mr. and Mrs. Taylor

This past weekend we enjoyed celebrating the marriage of Ted and Marie Taylor. Marie is JJ's sister, who has truly become my sister too over the past eight years. We are also very excited to welcome Ted to the family. For those of you who've been around the two of them, you already know that Ted and Marie make a fantastic couple. We are thrilled for them as they begin their life together.



It was a joy and a privilege to be the Matron of Honor. Marie and I got to spend quite a bit of time together before the wedding. On Friday we went to a nail spa, then on Saturday, we went to the salon to get our hair styled for the wedding. It was fun just goofing off and hanging out together. Marie was calm, with a fun sense of humor the entire time. One of my favorite moments was right before the wedding as we were fastening her blusher veil in place. For those of us who have been "the bride," it was that excitement in the air that could be felt as she was dressed and ready to meet her groom down the isle. She was breathtaking! I really enjoyed getting to be a part of such a special moment.


You may be wondering, "Where was Carter during all of this?" While I was being pampered, Carter enjoyed some "man time" with his daddy and grandpa. My parents were a huge help before and during the wedding. Carter sat in the back of the church and was quickly rushed out when he began to fuss. He enjoyed visiting with many relatives and friends at the reception. When he finally reached his breaking point, my parents took him home and put him to bed. It was the first time he'd ever ridden in a car and put to bed without his parents present. He did great with my mom and dad and went right to sleep. We were so grateful for Mom and Dad's help so that JJ and I could focus on the wedding activities. I'm also proud of the way my son hung in there with the total loss of his regular schedule and all the extra attention from relatives and friends. He really is a wonderful baby and I'm so blessed.

The outfit that Carter is wearing in this picture was JJ's when he was Christened. I thought the wedding would be a neat occasion for him to wear it.



JJ was delegated the job of all the wedding photography. Taking pictures happens to be one of many hobbies that my husband enjoys. However, the pressure of doing his sister's wedding was a little nerve racking. He worked really hard on the night of the rehearsal to make sure lighting and positioning would be just right. I was so proud at how seriously he took his role. He looked like a professional! Having seen all the pictures, I was very impressed with the outcome. The pictures turned out beautifully! Once the bride has had a chance to view them, I'll try to post some of my favorites. JJ never ceases to amaze me.
Being the photographer, this was one of two shots that he was actually in, taken by the lovely bride herself.


Another neat part of the Taylor union is that now my friend, Cindy Taylor, is also now considered family. Cindy is married to Ted's brother, Mike. That makes us sisters-in-law-in-law. So I guess I can say we officially have family right here in Knoxville! I'm thrilled that Cindy and I are friends and family.
Cindy's son, Sam, was the Ring Bearer in the wedding. He did an outstanding job! Here's a pre-wedding photo of Sam and the Flower Girl, Emma.
The wedding was a beautiful event and we were so excited to be a part of it. Congratulations to the new Mr. and Mrs. Taylor. May God richly bless your new life together.

4 comments:

April said...

Everyone looks great, Sara! You made a beautiful Matron of Honor, and, of course, the bride herself was lovely, too. I LOVE the outfit Carter was wearing! That is just too cool that it was his Daddy's outfit. I'm glad all went smoothly for everyone. I was the matron of honor in a close friends wedding out of state when Josiah was only 4 1/2 months old. I can say that having a little one puts a different twist on where your focus is during the events of a wedding! I am glad Carter did so well and that your parents were such wonderful help.

Cindy said...

What a great post! I really enjoyed your take on the wedding, and am so glad you got to be such a big part of it! Great pictures...I can't wait (and I mean that literally) to see the rest of them! Ted just called & told Michael all about the trip & what a fantastic time they had. Maybe we can get together this week, sis?

Melanie said...

What a beatiful bride! Of course you were beautiful too. That color looks great on you! I love to hear stories of two wonderful people meeting and falling in love. I look forward to seeing more pictures! Sam was so cute in that last one!

Sara said...

You look beautiful!! I love all the pictures..JJ did great. What a small world that you and Cindy are now part of each others families!